Saturday 21 December 2013

Saima's Glossybox UK Experience: Not Impressed

Hello Hello my lovelies :)

Saima here again ~ 

Today I would like to share my experience with Glossybox UK, which unfortunately was not a very good one. It is strange because if you have read Shanzy's latest post on her December 2013 beauty boxes you would have seen that she hasn't had any problems with Glossybox. Maybe I am just the unlucky one :(

I had read countless positive reviews about Glossybox and heard/saw how awesome the products in the boxes are from my friends. Expecting to receive the same, I excitedly signed up to Glossybox in September 2013 and this is what happened:

Problem #1:  I had been waiting for a very long time and did not receive my September box so I decided to check the tracking number, only to see that the courier service  had entered "left on porch" as the delivery status. I must add that my porch door is always locked so if they did leave it somewhere it was probably outside in an area that is not secure.  I called the Glossybox customer service team and they assured me that they will look in to it and see if they can get another one sent to me.

Problem #2: I finally received the replacement box but when I opened it I was shocked at what I found. 


At first glance everything seemed normal, but when I looked closely I noticed that the cap of the Tony and Guy Hair Serum was not on properly. I tried to snap it back into place but something was blocking it so I took it out and found a small black cap inside it. I soon realised that the black cap was supposed to be on the product sample from Dr Lipp. Surely this can not be an accident, and definitely not something that can happen during delivery as I am pretty sure a cap can't magically unscrew itself, place itself into a much bigger cap and then have that bigger cap placed neatly by it's product... NO .... just NO! *sigh* 

To make things worse, when I opened the HD Brows Bronzer, it was completely cracked :( ... Luckily I know how to fix cracked powder based makeup... but I shouldn't have to do that. 

I emailed pictures to the customer service team for them to look in to it as this is what the website states should be done if a customer receives damaged products, But I didn't receive a reply. 

I thought I will just leave it and that maybe it was just an unlucky month for me or something, considering that my friends didn't seem to have any problem with them. 

Problem #3: I  received my second box (October 2013 Glossybox), which was worse.... much worse.

BROKEN GLASS!!!! ok fair enough this one might be because of the courier service but still,  damaged products 2 boxes in a row is not good.... especially if it involves broken glass. 

I immediately took pictures and sent another email to the Glossybox customer service team and manager asking them to cancel my subscription and give me a refund... and guess what? ... I got a very quick reply and a very quick refund (but only for this box because of the broken glass.... they still completely ignored the previous one).

Please note, I am not saying that people should never subscribe to Glossybox ... Shanzy is still subscribed to them and has never had a problem... lucky girl .... but for me personally Glossybox is a no no... and I have decided to stick to my trusted Birchbox  ~^.^~

For those of you who are wondering... 
The products I received in the September 2013 Glossybox are: 
  • Tony & Guy Classic Shine & Gloss Serum (tampered)
  •  Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (tampered)
  • HD Brows Bronzer (damaged)
  • Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eye Liner
  • Eylure False Lashes
  • A mini Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate

And the products I received in the October 2013 Glossybox are:
  • Katy Perry Killer Queen Fragrance Sample (damaged)
  • MeMeMe Cherubs Blush Cheek & Lip Tint
  • imPRESS Press-On Manicure
  • Monu Illuminating Primer SPF15
  • Premae Harmony Multi-Vit Serum
(Both boxes had awesome product samples even though some where damaged/ tampered with). 


I would love to know if any of you are subscribed or have been subscribed to Glossybox and what your experiences have been with them. Also if there are any other beauty boxes that you know of and can recommend to me that would be awesome ~^.^~ Please leave a comment below ~

And make sure to stay tuned for my post on all the wonderful products I received in my September, October, November and December 2013 Birchboxes <3 

~ Saima ~








6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog :)

    Wanna follow each other???
    Just let me know and I will make sure to follow ya back

    My Blog: Beauty-Fulll

    Facebook
    Twitter
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heyyy .... thank you :)
      sure I'll defo follow you ~^.^~
      Make sure to follow us on bloglovin too :)

      x Saima x

      Delete
    2. Sure..followed ya on Bloglovin :)

      Delete
  3. Heey dear.:)

    You have a very beautyful blog <3

    Maybe you want to follow my blog via gfc or like it on facebook ?

    likethethewayioit.de

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Likethewayidoit/662081887154514

    Kisses,
    Lara ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lara :)
      Thank you sooooo much <3
      I will defo follow your blog too ~^.^~

      x Saima x

      Delete